Rome wasn’t built in a day – but they were laying bricks every hour. Building trust works in a similar manner – At MT Corporate Advisory, we want to do things right by you, and help you feel safe and valued as you interact with us online.
Because we value your privacy.
MT Corporate Advisory is required by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) (subject to the other provisions of the Privacy Act). The APPs regulate the manner in which personal information is handled throughout its life cycle, from collection to use and disclosure, storage, accessibility and disposal. MT Corporate Advisory is also required to comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) (Spam Act) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) (Do Not Call Register Act).
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion. Examples include an individual’s name (including pseudonyms), address, contact number and email address. Special provisions apply to the collection of personal information which is sensitive information. Sensitive information includes (for example) information about a person’s membership of a professional or trade association.
Collection of personal information by MT Corporate Advisory To the extent required by the Privacy Act:
- MT Corporate Advisory will not collect personal information about you unless that information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities
- MT Corporate Advisory will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner
When MT Corporate Advisory collects personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps at or before the time of collection to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as the purposes for which we are collecting the information, the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we would normally disclose information of that kind, the fact that you are able to access the information and how to contact us (for example, where personal information is collected on a form, we will generally include a written privacy statement on the form which sets out these details).
MT Corporate Advisory will collect your personal information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so. Where MT Corporate Advisory collects information about you from a third party, we will still take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the details set out above.
Use and disclosure of personal information
If MT Corporate Advisory uses or discloses your personal information for a purpose (secondary purpose) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (primary purpose), to the extent required by the Privacy Act, we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that MT Corporate Advisory would use or disclose your information in that way;
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose:
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity)
Why collect personal information?
MT Corporate Advisory collects personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- ensure you comply with your Taxation responsibilities
- assist in providing you appropriate advice based on your personal circumstances
From time to time, MT Corporate Advisory conducts surveys on a range of issues such as marketing surveys or surveys to determine the experience and quality of MT Corporate Advisory’s services and its systems. These surveys help us to identify and analyse ongoing needs and the quality of our products and services. If you do not wish to participate in these surveys, please let us know (our contact details are provided at the end of this policy).
How might we contact you?
We may contact you in a variety of ways, including by post, email, SMS, telephone call or facsimile.
We will not send you any commercial electronic messages such as SMSs or emails unless this is permitted by the Spam Act (for example, if we have your express or inferred consent to do so). Any commercial electronic message that we send will identify MT Corporate Advisory as the sender and will include our contact details. The message will also provide an unsubscribe facility. If you do not wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please let us know (our contact details are provided at the end of this policy).
‘Do Not Call’ Register
We will not call you on a number listed on the ‘Do Not Call Register unless this is permitted under the Do Not Call Register Act and related instruments (for example, if we have your express or inferred consent to do so). If you do not wish us to call you on a particular number, please let us know (our contact details are provided at the end of this policy).
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
In performing our functions and activities, we may need to disclose personal information to third parties. Third parties with whom MT Corporate Advisory may share your personal information include, where appropriate:
- Australian Taxation Office
- Bankers, when requested, to assist in finance matters on your behalf
- Financial Planners, when requested, to provide information to assist with Insurances and Financial Planning
- Lawyers, when requested, to assist in a range of legal matters
- MT Corporate Advisory’s contracted service providers, including:
- information technology service providers;
- printers and distributors of direct marketing material; and
- external business advisers (such as auditors and lawyers)
Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, MT Corporate Advisory will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act
MT Corporate Advisory will generally provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions when it is lawful and practicable to do so.
Use of Commonwealth government identifiers
MT Corporate Advisory will not use Commonwealth government identifiers (Identifiers) (such as Medicare numbers) as its own identifier of individuals. We will only use or disclose Identifiers in the circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
Transfer of personal information overseas
If MT Corporate Advisory transfers your personal information outside Australia, MT Corporate Advisory will comply with requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to trans-border data flows.
Access and correction of your personal information
Please contact MT Corporate Advisory if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. MT Corporate Advisory will generally provide you with access to your personal information and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information that is incorrect. In some circumstances, MT Corporate Advisory may not permit access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information, in which case we will provide you with reasons for this decision.
Please contact MT Corporate Advisory if you have any queries about the personal information that MT Corporate Advisory holds about you or the way we handle that personal information. MT Corporate Advisory’s contact details for privacy queries are set out below.
Attention: Privacy Officer
Ground Level, 1454 Logan Road
Mount Gravatt Central QLD, 4122
Ph: +61 7 3849 5924
Please contact the MT Corporate Advisory privacy contact using the above details if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by MT Corporate Advisory.